A reimagining of the Devel ASP, but on FMDA's S&W M&P Shield 9.
* nguyenkvvn - ASP 2.1
* FreeMenDontAsk - Shield 9 original model
The ASP 2.1 is a modern interpretation of the obscure, rare, and venerable precursor to compact guns- Paris Theodore's ASP, and Charles Kelsey's Devel. It is built off of FMDA's Shield 9 model. Enhancements typically found in the ASP and Devel include: round count window, and front hooked trigger guard. The ASP 2.1 incorporates a canted thumb-rest forward of the frame as well.
## Materials Required
You will need a set of each below for each [x] you make.
- **Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9 parts kit** - You can check GunBroker or EveryGunPart.
- **Glock or Shield9 magazine spring** - Don't forget your magazine spring!
- **Shield 9 Magazine** - And of course, your magazine.
## Materials Recommended
Steal that ASP look with these recommended accessories.
- **Meprolight FT Bullseye** - Availible in red or green, you can get a similar "no-front-sight" look and function of the gutter-sight from the originals.
- **ETS Shield 9 Magazine - clear** - This is one of the transparent magazines you will need for the window to work.
- **Front sight delete plate** - This is a printable file to remove the front sight and fill the cutout.
1. Print the frame with the top of the model face down. (Aka, bottom of the grip pointed up) Reccomended tempeatures are: 45mm/s @ 230c; eSun PLA+ is strongly reccomended.
2. (Optional) Print the transparent panel, then salt anneal it to bond all of the layers into a translucent mold. Sand and file until clear.
3. Remove all supports from the model.
* Private Beta v0.1
> - Initial beta